10 ingredients to business health and career success. Best of all, it's fad-free.
- Make smart decisions based on real-world experience, logical reasoning and solid ideas that pass the laugh test.
- Face your fears with courage and humility; work like you have nothing to lose, not like you have to hold onto what you have.
- Create an innovative product or service that solves a big problem or meets an important need better than anything else out there.
- Do whatever it takes to win and keep customers.
- Have genuine passion for your work.
- Go above and beyond to do your job to the best of your ability and get things done with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Treat everyone -- your boss, employees, coworkers, peers, customers, vendors, partners, everyone -- the way you think you deserve to be treated.
- Figure out what you really want to do for a living that will make you happy.
- Stop hoping, wishing and dreaming and start planning, doing and executing.
- Stop searching for the easy way out: Trying to figure out how to game the system and get more than you deserve in less time and with less work. There's no such thing.
If you focus on these 10 things and forget about all the fads, you've got a pretty good chance of coming out on top. It's common sense, we've always known it, and if it's news to you, it's about time.
read full article by Steve Tobak here