- Force Everyone in the company to by your values (except for a few prima donnas who bring in most of the revenue).
- Great companies are built to last. (In reality, companies work to last).
- When times are tough, the company should temporarily suspend training and development.
- The main purpose of the company is to earn a profit, or conversely, the purpose of the company is to do good in the world.
- Management is the key to high performance
- Just follow the recommendations of the latest management books.
- Incentivize people to boost performance.
- Streamline operations to make the company more competitive.
- Just create a new strategy, and employees will feel empowered to implement it.
- Companies need to focus on doing what made them successful in the first place.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
10 Bad Ideas That Can Destroy Your Company
Dave Logan wrote a nice article on http://www.bnet.com that takes a good look at the things companies usually do, but should not do, if they want to be successful.